If you are planning to take your campervan rental Queenstown on a roadtrip, you should think through all the routes you can visit. The roads moving out and in from this town carry some of the most incredible views and places. from national parks to beaches, your bucket list will be overloaded with places to visit. Are you ready to learn where to take your next road trip?
1. A short drive, about 18 minutes, to one of the most scenic places in queenstown can become your next road trip plan. Arrowtown is one of those interesting yet remote places which is renowned for gold mining. You can drive alone or with family to visit this quaint little place. You can take the Arthurs Point route to cover both destinations. You will also find the shotover river where the shotover jet boat functions. Autumn is the best time to visit this place
2. Crown Range summit is the second most explored scenic route in Queenstown for a road trip. You can take your motorhome hire Queenstown around this route and explore the place. You will find some breathtaking views along this route. The shotover river is located at the top of the summit. You will also pass the lake Hayes on your way to the summit. The arrow junction is where you will experience one of the best sunsets in the town. When you reach the summit, you will see a view that will make you fall in love
3. If you love skiing, you should take the 35 minute drive to remarkables. It is one of the most renowned ski resort in Queenstown, and one of the best drives too. The route is full of beautiful places. for example, Epic Lookout is an amazing place from where you can see the Wakatipu Basin. you will pass by the Queenstown airport, where you can check out some of the finest planes. Make sure to park your campervan rental Queenstown before taking the trail to Dimrill Dale
4. The next most sought after route is to Glenorchy. This opens to the beautiful Lake Wakatipu. You can take a cruise along this lake if you love exploring it. you can also take the trail along Bob’s Cove Track. This site is best known for being the location for the movie Lord of the Rings. You should also visit the Bennetts Buff Lookout while on this trail. You will find snow capped peaks on the sides of the lake route.
5. Kingston is a place located 43 minutes away from Queenstown. It is known for the Kingston Flyer train, which goes from Invercargill to Kingston. You will also pass the Lake Wakatipu and Bayonet peaks while on this route. You should stop by Devil’s staircase lookout point to see a panoramic view of the town
6. You can take your motorhome hire Queenstown to the drive that runs between Queenstown and Cromwell. It passes by Arrowtown and the Kawarau River. Stop by the Gibbston Valley while on your way to Cromwell.